I really wanted to add more see-through elements to my December Daily this year and knew I wanted to incorporate some shiny sequins.
So, for project #3 I decided to make my own sequins pockets to insert into my pocket pages throughout my album. They were simple and very inexpensive to make.
Oh my do I love how they turned out! I’m super pumped to use them!
I picked up three packages of sequins at JoAnn yesterday along with a package of clear sentiment stickers that were 40% off. I used some overlays that I already had and a chipboard letter D from a set from Target. I cut up an old 9 pocket page that was damaged in one spot and used those pockets. Hudson helped me add the sequins and then I sewed the tops closed.
I ended up using this one and updating the first page of my December Daily. It originally just had the D slipped into the pocket, but I added the gold sequins and four silver stars to represent the four members of our family. Then to keep the D in place, I stitched it across the center. Much better!
I decided to start with five pocket inserts, but have a feeling that I’ll like the look so much once they’re in my album that I’ll end up making more.
This was a fun little project.
Now on to the next! I’m hoping to make a holiday wreath this weekend and finish up a project that was started last December.
Have a great weekend!
**If you have any questions about the supplies I used, please leave them in the comments and I’ll be sure to answer them.**